Top 8 Healthy and Delicious Vegetables for Dogs
Vegetables are some of the healthiest and delicious food that we humans can eat. There is no question that these vegetables keep us fit and healthy. However, we can also give some vegetables for dogs to eat.
Vegetables for dogs impart some benefits to their body and well-being. The reason for these effects is due to the various minerals and nutrients in veggies. Below are some of those minerals along with nutrients and how they affect your pet:
- Carbohydrates – Dogs tend to be active animals due to activities like walking, playing and running. Such things need lots of energy and vegetables have carbohydrates that provide enough energy.
- Lipids – Similar to carbohydrates since fats also provide energy. However, lipids can also prevent weight issues and obesity. Lipids are a boon for owners who want to reduce or mitigate their dogs’ obesity and weight problems.
- Low calories – Too much intake of foods that are high in calories can affect your pet’s weight. Canines that are overweight suffer from many ailments and can reduce their lifespan. Since veggies have little calories, they will make your pet feel satisfied with its meal without adding more calories.
- Vitamins – You can find Vitamins A, B, D, E and K in vegetables. Vitamin D is the least abundant vitamin in veggies, but still necessary for a canine’s health
- Phytonutrients – These nutrients are only present in vegetables and meat has none of them. Phytonutrients’ properties are antiviral, anticancer, antifungal, anti-degeneration, antibacterial, anti-aging and antihelminthic or anti worms.
- Fiber – There are two types of fiber: soluble and insoluble. Soluble fiber helps in the canine’s digestive process. Insoluble fiber, on the other hand, can bulk up your dog’s food intake and makes it easy to pass through its colon. Fiber is an excellent means of preventing diarrhea and constipation.
- Antioxidants – Free radicals tend to do some cellular damage to your dog’s body. The appropriate counter to free radicals is antioxidants which prevent free radicals from doing their destructive function.
- Omega-3 – Inflammation often strikes a canine’s body, but Omega-3 can reduce inflammation. Also, Omega-3 ensures the proper role of the dog’s brain and central nervous system. Digestion, body circulation and reproduction also benefit from Omega-3’s bolstering effects.
Vegetables for dogs contain some if not all the necessary minerals and nutrients. Try serving diverse veggies from time to time to ensure that your dog receives the most of the minerals and nutrients
There are many vegetables for dogs to eat their meals, but which vegetables are the best for dogs. If you want to know the best type of veggies for canines, then have a look at the list below. Note that the vegetables are non-toxic vegetables. Hence they have perfectly safe for your dog to eat.
A staple food for some people in many parts of the world and is one of the major components of the world’s food supply. These vegetables provide fiber, manganese, potassium, Vitamin C, and B6.
This widely cultivated vegetable is a relative of garlic as well as onions and has delicate flavor on one’s taste buds. This vegetable is without a doubt an excellent source of potassium, fiber, folate, iron, copper, manganese and vitamins A, B1, B2, C and finally E
3. Broccoli florets
A broccoli floret is the large flowering head of this particular vegetable since the stalk is inedible to humans and dogs. Individual florets are sometimes cut into smaller pieces for easier consumption. The florets have folate, fiber, manganese, potassium vitamins A, B1, B6, C and K
4. Brussels sprouts
These vegetables look like cabbage except that they’re smaller than a regular cabbage. Each Brussels sprout has Vitamins A, B1, B6, C and K. The vegetable also has potassium, manganese, fiber and folate.
A root-type vegetable. Most carrots are orange in color, but there is also purple, yellow, black, white and red. The taproot part of carrots is an edible part for dogs. Vitamins A, C, and K are some of the carrots’ nutrients along with potassium and fiber.
This vegetable’s edible head part resembles like white flesh or cheese curd. If you want some Vitamins B6, C and K along with choline and folate for your dog cauliflower are a reliable source.
A member of the gourd family plant that grows on creeping vines. The cucumber looks elongated with ends that are tapered. 90% percent of the vegetable is mostly water. Cucumber has only one kind of nutrient, and that is Vitamin K. Additionally cucumber’s moisture content can provide or augment your pet’s water drink.
These veggies are immature soybeans that are boiled or steamed. You can find magnesium, copper, protein, iron, fiber Omega-3 fats phosphorus, Vitamins B2 and K in edamame.
All of these are good vegetables, and they have no adverse effect on your pet. However overfeeding a canine with these veggies can have a detrimental effect on their body. Just because their healthy and good vegetables for dogs are it doesn’t mean that canines can eat without moderation.
Make sure that you cook the vegetables first before feeding them to your pet. Safe vegetables for dogs are those that have been prepared properly and cooked thoroughly. Also, don’t forget to clean the vegetables before cooking them. Vegetables tend to have some pesticide and dirt so cleaning them will keep your pet safe.
You can choose to serve vegetables for dogs mixed with its other food or serve them separately. You also have the alternative choice of feeding your veggies as treats rather than the main meal. There are many ways to cook and prepare vegetables before you give them to your dog. Even puppies (just as long as they are weaned) can eat veggies, and it is the right time to make their taste buds like the taste of veggie.
Now you know which vegetables for dogs are healthy. So go ahead and get some for your pet. A healthy pet is the love and joy of its owner as well as popular one as well. Give these veggies a try and see how they will affect your dog’s physical well-being.
Source: Top 20 Best Vegetables For Dogs